Dear Numbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice Nine International Forum for meeting and fanprojecting

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Rock Ir.] U2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
seasail
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru
seasail

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptyThu 23 Sep - 9:04

U2

Vo: Bono
Gu: The Edge
Ba: Adam Clayton
Dr: Larry Mullen, Jr.

Wiki Page
OHP

U2 is incredible. Their songs are so unique, and Bono’s voice is beautiful (especially live). U2 is one of the few bands that sound live 100000x better than recorded.

My dad is a huge U2 fan—he has almost all of their albums and is always playing them. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was my favorite CD growing up. My dad and I would listen to it constantly. XD

Some good songs are:

Where The Streets Have No Name (the live version is simply awe-inspiring), City of Blinding Lights, and Beautiful Day. These 3 songs have this free feeling. Listening to them makes you feel like you can do anything. The music is really relaxing and they're the kinds of songs that you listen to when you can't sleep.

Discotheque, Love And Peace Or Else, Elevation, and Last Night On Earth These songs are really catchy and they just make you want to dance.

Some Days Are Better Than Others This song cheers me up when I’m in a bad mood. It reminds me that some days are better than others. It's really easy to forget that sometimes, especially if you have been depressed for a long period of time. ^^'

Seconds and The Refugee These songs are really unique sounding, especially the drums.

Random Trivia: Saga and Hiroto are U2 fanboys. The Edge is Hiroto’s hero (he’s said that in a couple interviews) and Saga wrote a blog entry about how he wishes U2 would come to Japan. XD The openings of the beautiful name and Where The Streets Have No Name sound really similar (not that that’s a bad thing). The aura Hiroto has on stage reminds me of the aura The Edge gives off (but that’s just me).

Wow that's a lot. :sorry: I get carried away sometimes.
So what do you guys think of them?
Back to top Go down
shoustar
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru
shoustar

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptyThu 23 Sep - 11:49

I rather enjoy U2. I'm going to admit I'm not a HUGE die hard fan...unlike my step mom who loves them. She thinks she's Bono's secret wife or something .__. LOL I guess adults have the ones they admire to an extreme as well. :ohohoh: I have to say my favorite album is How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. The song that actually made me listen to it was Love And Peace Or Else. I LOVE that song! Still my favorite on that album, next to Vertigo. All the songs on that album though have great melodies...and there isn't one track I don't like. :)

As for other songs, chances are I only know singles that have been on the radio. I'm sure I know more than I think I do but, as I've stated, not a die hard fan. I would not mind, however, to see them live one day. I'm sure it'd be rather enjoyable. :)
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptyFri 24 Sep - 14:22

I don't know them that much but I also really appriciate their lyrics their music and the voice of Bono.

The first song I heard of them was Sunday Bloody Sunday.

The lyrics and the history of the song really get me. The main conflicts were over when I was born but that was still something we heard things about from times to time (especialy back in 1991 - 1992 after a TV programm in England and since the 20th anniversary of the Bloody Sunday was arriving new questions were raising again)
So it was something I can relate to events I had heard about.

I like their music but I also like their engagement. From times to times Bono seems like is over-acting or playing too much a role but still I think it's a band that really want to promote peace and the feeling of love around the world.
Tlaking about what's wrong and what we should admire.

That's something I really like
Back to top Go down
https://dearnumbers.forumotion.com
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptySun 26 Sep - 14:47

I don't really listen to U2 but then again I don't listen to much music from outside of Asia (mainly Japan) but my family and some of my friends are quite big fans.

Shinyan wrote:
The first song I heard of them was Sunday Bloody Sunday.

I really like that song, its about the only one I listen too.

I have seen ads for there concert which will be in Auckland soon, it looks like alot of work went into it and that is something I have to admire.
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptySun 26 Sep - 15:04

Georgina 魂 wrote:
I really like that song, its about the only one I listen too.

Oh and what about With or without you ? New years Day ? One Love (though I prefer R.E.M version) ?

I really like One love sang by REM. It's alive I think you can easily find it. I really advice you to give it a try. ^_-

I think something special also about U2, beside the fact that they're irish band known all over the world and very well known and such a good live-band. They're friends since they're 14 or 15 years old.
That's impressive.
Back to top Go down
https://dearnumbers.forumotion.com
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptySun 26 Sep - 15:06

I should have a look through my Dad's CD's and find some, I know a like a few songs ive heard for there guitar and bass tracks too.
Back to top Go down
kagetora
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō
kagetora

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptyTue 28 Sep - 11:12

shoustar wrote:
She thinks she's Bono's secret wife or something .__. LOL I guess adults have the ones they admire to an extreme as well.

LOL seriously!? XDD

I do listen to U2 from time to time~
But not exactly a fan i guess. XD Love some of their lyrics though!
Back to top Go down
http://xelectric3567.livejournal.com
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  EmptyTue 28 Sep - 21:31

Yea I dont think anybody will beat yor step mother in terms of U2 Fangilrs, that sounds quite intense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Rock Ir.] U2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Rock Ir.] U2    [Rock Ir.] U2  Empty

Back to top Go down

[Rock Ir.] U2
Page 1 of 1