Alice Nine International Forum for meeting and fanprojecting

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

[2011.02.09] Gemini -album-

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
liveD690
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Wed 19 Jan - 7:25

I'm so addicted to the song...and the PV too, cos they're so *#%#&%(@* (words cannot describe :muahah:

and I also noticed the use of Tarot cards in the PV...towards the end, the card XIII (13), called Death, and the card XVIIII (19, or usually written as XIX), called the Sun (representing life)...that was really cool O_O...at the Budoukan live, they showed pairs of words that are opposites of each other, like You and I, Light and Dark etc etc (not sure i'm right about the light and dark one thou... :@_@: )

I actually like the two ladies in the PV...they have a kind of elegant beauty :woi:

though I wonder what the last part about pouring the "drink" think means~~~ :eee:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonelyjellyfish
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Wed 19 Jan - 7:33

There seems to be a lot of symbolism in this song/PV. I love it when a song has depth and meaning. It's one of the many reasons I fell in love with Alice Nine. They have substance. Most music has been lacking that in recent years...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missykitty
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Thu 20 Jan - 4:47

I noticed the Tarot cards as well and was wondering which they were, as I could only make out the "Death" one. That's interesting... I hope someone does a translation of the entire song, once the album comes out, because it will be nice to know what exactly it is about... to analyze it. :yeay:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://missykitty0115.livejournal.com
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Hoshi no Jizamurai

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Thu 20 Jan - 17:27

*is jumping in to randomly ramble about the symbolism of the PV*

Lol to thinking too much on my vacation xD Anyway, this PV has a lot to do with opposites, you know, light an dark, death and rebirth. It's meant to show the difference between Alice Nine's music in the past, and how it is now.

You kinda get the feeling of the whole opposite thing and what not, the twins, light and dark, death and rebirth, Shou wearing only one glove, and Shou covering one side of his face. One twin represents the older Alice Nine while the other represents Alice Nine as they are now. Even the guitar solo's represent two sides of Arisu, with Tora representing the heavier side of them, while Pon represents the softer side.

This PV is a highly and amazingly thought way for them to represent the two sides of them. With the Tarot cards, one is death and the other is life (or rebirth really). This suggests that death must come before rebirth, this goes hand and hand with the twins. There's a point in the PV where Shou no longer covers his face, its saying he's embracing the past but moving towards the future. When the one of the twins moves away from the mirror, that one is representing the older Alice Nine. The other in the mirror still, is Alice Nine as they are now. Shou at the end pours the drink (poison as my friend Yuri called it) to the twin that represents the old Alice Nine. Cause after death comes rebirth. So by killing (or throwing away if you will) the past, you can be reborn and move towards the future, as something/someone new. The only reason I figured this all out is because I watched the PV like 50 times x____x;;;

Even in the name GEMINI -0- Eternal. Zero is another way to say death, so basically eternal death. While I know already there are people out there who can't stand this PV. I love it to death (and I seem to defend the songs and PV's that people hate). It's thought out, and it's an elegant PV. I guess this is a way for them to embrace the past Alice Nine, but also leave it behind so they can move towards the future. I swear to god I really want the album in my hands now *laughs*

If my explanation is confusing it's cause I'm typing this at like 4 AM and I can't type coherently at this hour of the morning xDDDD LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liveD690
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Thu 20 Jan - 23:10

@Rui No way, there are people who hate this PV? while definitely there will be, but I can assure you 200% that I love this PV AND song to death as well XDD I've been listening to this song on repeat lol and yeah, the PV really really is deep, and I like the elegant feel of it Ahhhhhhh...if only 2/9 is now >^< though I'll be having tests and quizzes by then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Hoshi no Jizamurai

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 2:52

@ liveD: Yeah there's people who hate it ! D: I can think of 3 off the top of my head, and one of them is a friend >___< I know a couple who hate the song too. But I'm so happy that you like it too !! That makes me really happy you have no clue <3 The PV is really deep, and that's why it's my favorite now sorry JEWELS PV, you're no longer my favorite. I've had the PV on repeat on my PSP all night xD *feels like a nerd* God I just want it to be 02/09 already * ^ *
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonelyjellyfish
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 3:03

I really don't see who in their right mind could dislike this PV or this song. Especially after Rui explained all the symbolism behind it.

I'm always for a band changing and taking a new direction, just as long as they do it gradually and it's not something super dramatic. Otherwise I get bored and I'll move on to someone else.

I didn't think it was possible for Alice Nine to go deeper than VANDALIZE, but it looks like they just might...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Hoshi no Jizamurai

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 3:16

@ Lonelyjellyfish: I know right ? The fact that someone can dislike it after knowing all that is a little like 'WHA ? D:' to me.

I've always been for bands changing and trying new things. And with Alice Nine, they always try new things. They want to appeal to everyone. They're really not just one genre anyway. They have their popish songs, but they also have their heavy rock and their ballads. They constantly try new things, and they're not afraid too either. I like that about them a lot, even if everyone else doesn't like that aspect of them.

I agree with you, VANDALIZE was deep. And my favorite album, but I think with this album, Alice Nine just hit a whole new level of deep meaning. I think this album will turn out to be deeper than VANDALIZE was...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missykitty
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 5:59

I think that's a very interesting analyzes of the PV. A lot of what you said makes sense and watching the PV thinking about all of that, I can definitely see it.

A reason I love Alice Nine is because they are constantly changing and growing and this album is no exception. A friend told me she doesn't like the PV only because of how it ends - it seems abrupt, and I agree there but... I know there's more to it so I'm okay with it. xD Not every song Alice Nine do is great, personally I didn't think Stargazer; was as strong as Senkou but that's okay. That only makes songs such as Gemini even better, because they have songs that aren't as great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://missykitty0115.livejournal.com
liveD690
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 9:14

yeah it was an abrupt ending, but come to think of it, it'll be epic if they make a full ~13 minute PV LOL though the company might go broke first and the staff might die of work overload too lol but that makes Gemini-I- the void and Gemini-II- the luv songs to look forward too :muahah:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 15:28

Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi wrote:
@ liveD: God I just want it to be 02/09 already * ^ *

YES! This so much. I think this is the album i have been anticipating the most in a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anid Harker
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Fri 21 Jan - 18:53

I still want them to make a PV for the whole 13 minutes XDD
I mean, Green Day made a video for Jesus of Suburbia and it's like 9 minutes long, so why can't they?
Cause I can't stand abrupt endings like that >.<
But the rest of the video/song i just love to death
And I can't understand why on earth people would hate it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ayabie-neverland.foroespana.com/forum.htm
snowflakes
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Sat 22 Jan - 23:16

Oh god, I just noticed that I haven't said anything about the new song and PV yet....

Well, I think Alice Nine really reached a new level in terms of music. This song is a lot different from what they usually do but you can still hear that it's Alice Nine. That's one thing I love about them, they alway try out new things but they never lose their charm <3
The song has a lot of variety in it, but it doesn't sound as if they just put random melodies in it, which is quite awesome. All the differnt styles really go well with each other and don't interrupt the flow of the song.
But one thing I noticed is that you kind of feel that it's not really the whole song and that there's still more to come. But it doesn't make the song less awesome.
I wonder how it will work out on the album, will they clearly devide the song in three different parts or will they just let it flow? I'm kinda curious....

I think the PV was also awesome and something completely different. It's really dark and has a story and lots of symbolism which were awesomely explained here <3
I really like how they conveyed the theme of this song or rather the whole album and that it didn't turn out to be just shots of the band playing.

I really look forward to this album, if they keep this level up with the entire album it might even become my favourite!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresnail
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Sun 23 Jan - 11:03

guysss. coming to this board and reading everyone's lovely responses about the new PV just made my night!!! and Rui-san, your analysis on the song was so interesting and i definitely agree with what you said! and i'm glad that everyone else wants them to make a 13-minute PV because I DO TOO! that would be beyond amazing!

seriously, with every new release of Alice Nine they continue to amaze me. they're growing so much as a band! i don't think i've ever seen a band improve as much as they have. and it's nice to see that in this PV they pay tribute to their past instead of just focusing on the 'rebirth' part. their past is what enabled them to become who they are and i'm glad they realize that.<3

i can't wait to hear the rest of the album~ it's gonna be incredible!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/sapphiresnail
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Hoshi no Jizamurai

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Sun 23 Jan - 13:21

@ Sapphire: Thanks !! It's good to know people agree with my analysis xD That's what happens when I watch a Arisu PV for a few hours straight = w = <3 I like to watch their PV's and get a feel for what they're saying. Maybe that's why I always rewatch their PV's *headdesk*

Ah and I agree with you. I'm so freaking proud of how much they've grown as a band. And I know they'll continue to grow as time goes on. An I look forward to being with them every step of the way just like I always have :3 Alice Nine has always been quite the thoughtful and deep band. It's partly why I love them so much.

I happened to pop into the forum after me and my sister watched Nico Nico when we got back from Seattle and noticed no one had rambled about the symbolism in depth yet so I took the liberty to ramble about it ^ ^' <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merenwen
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Sun 27 Feb - 17:37

Ah, I like this album a lot! Can't wait to get my hands on my copy :3 It's good to have old good Alice Nine back :) And I want more stuff like "birth in the death" song :3
I love the PV, cool fireplace!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-   Mon 28 Feb - 13:20

Im really loving KING&QUEEN right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [2011.02.09] Gemini -album-