Dear Numbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice Nine International Forum for meeting and fanprojecting

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From アリス九號. to Alice Nine

Go down 
+3
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Anid Harker
Shinyan
7 posters

Your Favorite ?
Definitely アリス九號. !
From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Vote_lcap25%From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Alice Nine of Course !
From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Vote_lcap13%From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Whatever the band decides ! (*o*)
From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Vote_lcap62%From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Empty
PostSubject: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyTue 9 Nov - 16:41

Kind of recently ... even if it's not all that recent, our Alice Nine guys quit their first Name-logo-japanese-typo 「アリス九號.」 to the new very romaji 「Alice Nine」 one

As they didn't ask for our opinion first hand. Though they rally should have ! \(°O°)/
Here and now you can express your opinion.

As I personnaly prefered the first logo.
I sometimes feel like I sound like a grandma always saying it was better first.
But I really prefered the Katakana / Kanji one.
Because even with a very Nice typo (and I'm still not sure I'm convinced by the Typo they choosed) I think Kanji really have an artistic quality that a roman alphabet lacks.

So from From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Alisu to From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Alice ?

Back to top Go down
https://dearnumbers.forumotion.com
Anid Harker
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō
Anid Harker

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyTue 9 Nov - 17:10

Shinyan wrote:
I think Kanji really have an artistic quality that a roman alphabet lacks.

But maybe that's just because you're not used to seeing that writing. I mean, it's not your culture's writing and all that.

But I didn't care at all about that. I mean, it's not even a change of name. And it won't change the band's essence, right? XD
Back to top Go down
http://ayabie-neverland.foroespana.com/forum.htm
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyTue 9 Nov - 18:05

Ah yes I remember that change happening. Shou-kun said something about it had to do with pronunciation and the way that it was written. And something about how it'd lost it's meaning for standing for what the name of their band meant, something along those lines. I'd have to go look it up again though >__________<
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyTue 9 Nov - 19:01

Anid Harker wrote:
But maybe that's just because you're not used to seeing that writing. I mean, it's not your culture's writing and all that.

*nod*
You're probably very right about that.
I don't see kanji as a writing as I would see Roman Alphabet.

But I have to find back about the 號 kanji btw. If I remember correctly it's not even japanese maybe chinese or very very old japanese unused-anymore Kanji.
That was maybe the problem to pronounce the name.

But Yep anyway they're still our Alice Nine Bands~~

But that will be messy in my CD collection XD
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyTue 9 Nov - 19:17

* Found that :

With as the Simplified Character (Basicaly the left part of the Kanji).
But is just as old as . Not a later corruption.

Translingual

Han character
Meaning : 1. mark, sign 2. symbol 3. number

Japanese :

Kanji /

Radical: 口 (mouth)

Readings
* On: ごう (gō), こう (kō)
* Kun: さけぶ (sakebu), よびな (yobina)

Meanings : nickname; number; item; title; pseudonym; name; call

Back to top Go down
sapphiresnail
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
sapphiresnail

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyWed 10 Nov - 7:32

i've been looking for the meaning or even purpose of the '號' character for forever! thank you for explaining it! OTL

but anyway, as for the writing, when i first got into Alice Nine, they wrote their name like, 'alice nine.' and i thought that was pretty unique because of the lowercase and period and what not. so i never experienced the 'kanji characterized name'. :P

i remember when they changed their name to Alice Nine, like a 'normal band' name, i was kind of upset because i thought the all-lowercase was special just to them~ but now i can kind of see how, when written in magazines, it would be difficult to read or something. :\ for the longest time i boycotted Alice Nine and kept writing alice nine. whenever, but it got confusing because of the period. xD;

all in all, i really don't mind the band name now, whatever they chose to do is fine with me because i'll still support them regardless. ^^/ i really like the font they chose as their logo though! alright i'm done ranting.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/sapphiresnail
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyWed 10 Nov - 15:19

I got a theory !
Another one that the Pet Conspiracy.

If was meaning Number
And if the we the fans are the 'number'
If the Alice Boys try suppress the caracter,
Would it means they supress us !?!?! XD

It's a bit as if "Simon & Garfunkel" had suddenly choose to turn into "Simon and" or as if ... the KATTUN decided to be called TUN I'd feel pretty suspicious about it if I was the KAT letters.

*nod*

Back to top Go down
himitsu
Admin
himitsu

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyWed 10 Nov - 21:51

^ omg Shinyan x'DD
Back to top Go down
http://himitsusama.deviantart.com
Anid Harker
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō
Anid Harker

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 11 Nov - 0:56

Shinyan wrote:
I got a theory !
Another one that the Pet Conspiracy.

I think you've got too many conspiracy theories to be living in France XDD
I mean, in the States, I would understand *gets shot*
Back to top Go down
http://ayabie-neverland.foroespana.com/forum.htm
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyWed 24 Nov - 12:35

All those conspiricy theory's are as bad as me and one of my friends making up strange ones on the bus! (If we steal Deer's eyelashes they will become our slaves)

Personally I dont mind if they switch there name but I actually do really like the romajised logo.
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyWed 24 Nov - 17:50

Georgina 魂 wrote:
If we steal Deer's eyelashes they will become our slaves.

I'd really like to hear more about this one !
Back to top Go down
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 4:43

Shinyan wrote:
Georgina 魂 wrote:

Well the theory is that all a deer's power is in the eyelashes, so if we remove there eyelashes they are helpless and pretty easy to be turned into our slaves :muahah:
Back to top Go down
himitsu
Admin
himitsu

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 4:48

Georgina 魂 wrote:
Shinyan wrote:
Georgina 魂 wrote:

Well the theory is that all a deer's power is in the eyelashes, so if we remove there eyelashes they are helpless and pretty easy to be turned into our slaves :muahah:
!!! xDDDD
OMT it's as good as our latest conspiracy theory with Shinyan... where Mexico takes over Japan... with their facial hair... xD
Back to top Go down
http://himitsusama.deviantart.com
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 4:52

himitsu wrote:
Georgina 魂 wrote:
Shinyan wrote:
Georgina 魂 wrote:

!!! xDDDD
OMT it's as good as our latest conspiracy theory with Shinyan... where Mexico takes over Japan... with their facial hair... xD

Wow that is brilliant! I dont think I can forget that now hahaha
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 5:02

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH @O@
All our theory !!!! (゚Д゚)

About the Mexican invading Japan it's just that I feel like some japanese guy looks like mexican when they start their moustache thingy.
To be precise I'm thiking about Hyde ... I always remember that time when I first saw the beach photoshoot with his moustache and I was like : OMG pedro had just swimm all across the see to get to Japan ! (I don't think I have that photoshoot anymore sorry ~~)

And HIMITSU (that's her ! not me 'kay !?) was saying that Tora was looking like *put a mexican name here* with his moustache (and I agreed)

******Flap Flap *****

As for the Deer Eyelash couldn't it be that Deer Eyelash is a massive seduction weapon or something so maybe we can also use it to get more powerfull over the other human that don't know the power of deer eyelash !!! Muahahah
though I still feel sorry for the poor guys ... the Deers I mean. Couldn't we make something like a partnership with them and conqueer the universe or something ?

Back to top Go down
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 5:07

Yea I know what you mean! You kinda just want them to put a massive hat on to top off the look.

Gosh using them for seduction is way worse! But a very good idea, but Im not sure giving deer's lots of power will work out in the end (imagine giving santa's reindeer unlimited power! they will become corrupt and evil).
I suppose we could use the deer eyelashes much like fake eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin
Shinyan

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 5:30

Georgina 魂 wrote:
imagine giving santa's reindeer unlimited power! they will become corrupt and evil

Or ... if we're lucky enough they'll overwork and give presents all along the year ! *o*

Georgina 魂 wrote:
I suppose we could use the deer eyelashes much like fake eyelashes

: /

This would be so disapointing.

I'm sure Deer Eyelash are more powerfull. Maybe it has a secret power. Maybe Deer are not Deer for real but more like Fairy creature that can turn into deer thanks to their magical eyelash.
Which is most clever than those stupid magic bangles or ring or whatever that every magical girl lose at least one in a season !
Back to top Go down
Georgina 魂
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha
Georgina 魂

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyThu 25 Nov - 6:30

So they contain the magic of fairy's, that does sound more interesting.

Whoops I think we are taking over this topic!
Back to top Go down
cadenza
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru
cadenza

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine EmptyWed 1 Dec - 19:13

I think the reason why they changed to their English variant is because the kanji is obsolete. 號 is the fantizi (I don't actually know how to translate this into English, but it's called Traditional Chinese) while 号 is jiantizi (simplified Chinese). The former was once also used in Japanese, but it had the obsolete status quite a while back so I think their name was intentional. However, typing it with a normal Japanese keyboard would have been quite hard to bring out, so (if I remember correctly) it caused trouble for things like magazine interviews etc. Thus they changed their name to the English variant, because to them the kanji has already lost its meaning for them.

/coherency
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/masqueradelie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From アリス九號. to Alice Nine   From アリス九號. to Alice Nine Empty

Back to top Go down

From アリス九號. to Alice Nine
Page 1 of 1