Alice Nine International Forum for meeting and fanprojecting

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

how did you get to know them?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snowflakes
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Sun 3 Oct - 22:30

@lost_view
Somehow I had to laugh like crazy at your story xD
Just searching random things for your friend and BAM!! Alice Nine popped up!

Quote :
I remember when people started to rant about how Alice Nine were changing toward worse than they were before - it was when Tsubasa came out... And I started argueing with those who said they should quit music because they got too "major" (Yes, there were people like that, believe me XD).
To be honest, I wasn't too fond of their Tsubasa or Alpha period in general.
Alpha is not a bad album, actually it's a really good one, but compared to their other two albums it isn't that good. It has a few great songs which I absolutely love, but all in all it was just a bit too poppy for me. But suddenly Rainbows came and everyone seemed to be pleased again^^

Quote :
Of Hiroto I immediately thought "oh, THAT one has too much energy O.o"
Lol, I thought that too xD His hyperness will kill him someday, I swear! (nooo, please don't die ;__;)But lately he calmed down quite a bit.

You seem like you didn't have any problem with Shou's voice when you got into them, which is surprising since it seems like most of the people are avoiding Alice Nine because of his voice...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lost_view
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Sun 3 Oct - 23:37

snowflakes wrote:
@lost_view
Somehow I had to laugh like crazy at your story xD
Just searching random things for your friend and BAM!! Alice Nine popped up!

To be honest, I wasn't too fond of their Tsubasa or Alpha period in general.
Alpha is not a bad album, actually it's a really good one, but compared to their other two albums it isn't that good. It has a few great songs which I absolutely love, but all in all it was just a bit too poppy for me. But suddenly Rainbows came and everyone seemed to be pleased again^^

Quote :
Of Hiroto I immediately thought "oh, THAT one has too much energy O.o"
Lol, I thought that too xD His hyperness will kill him someday, I swear! (nooo, please don't die ;__;)But lately he calmed down quite a bit.

You seem like you didn't have any problem with Shou's voice when you got into them, which is surprising since it seems like most of the people are avoiding Alice Nine because of his voice...

Always glad to make people laugh ;P

Well, as I said to Shinyan already, I think it's absolutely okay to criticize stuff you don't like. For example, you said it was too poppy for you as a whole - so that's perfectly fine as you argue^^
I agree that it was more pop than their older stuff and that seemed to be a blow to everyone liking it the way it was... Since I listen to almost every genre of music it wasn't particularly something I found bad XD Though I must admit that I like their current state very much and I was extremely happy with Rainbows, too. <3

LOL. Isn't that what everyone must think seeing him? XDD And yes, you're right, Hiroto's matured calmed down now^^ It seems to me he wants to be seen as a pro and be taken seriously and therefore he got more quiet and thoughtful. There was a phase when watching comments I'd always think WTH is wrong with Hiroto he's so serious all the time O__o"" But recently I feel he kinda found his balance^^

Hmm...about Shou's voice. I heard many MANY people say that his voice sucks. (Okay, thise weren't fans obviously XD) I don't know...when I listened to Velvet his voice surprised and impressed me, because it was so different from every "band voice" I had heard until then. (Hadn't listened to Acid Black Cherry yet, tho...LOL)
I might get shot by someone now, but I still think that Kyo, Ruki or Wataru have almost the same types of voices *gets shot* XD But Shou's really stood out for me and since I still like the vocals in Velvet I guess he had progressed to a level then where it was okay for me not to avoid them ;D

It reminds me of when I tried and listened to the previous bands the Alice Nine members had been in...
Ooofff. That was an experience that made me think "O_____o Geeez, it's definitely a GOOD thing they left their old bands and formed Alice Nine." I was almost afraid of Shou's vocals back in Kijintan e.g. *laugh*

I'm glad Alice Nine has become a formation everyone could improve their skills with ^____^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 6 Oct - 3:50

lost_view wrote:
It reminds me of when I tried and listened to the previous bands the Alice Nine members had been in...
Ooofff. That was an experience that made me think "O_____o Geeez, it's definitely a GOOD thing they left their old bands and formed Alice Nine."

But I looooooooooved Givus ! éoè
I think I may start Alice Nine too soon since I really liked Shou's voice when they start the band.
For me, there was a time he was making too many tremolo with his voice. It always made me want to laugh XD
Now I think it's not that much anymor ... or maybe I just get used to the tremolo-styled voice : /

Well well ... I really liked some of their old songs, there was a period where I didn't enjoy that many songs or not as much in an album that what I was used to but I also listen a lot of very different music and They keep on doing nice music despite everything.
And well as said I think I also like the spirit of the band and they all look like nice cool guys in general. So anyway I sometimes feel like it's my duty to support them.

今日は七月七日あなたのもとへ // 星が虹を架けてあなたのもとへ連れてって
This isn't a fricking girl's slumber party ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dearnumbers.forumotion.com
snowflakes
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 6 Oct - 20:20

Quote :
Givuss were absolutely amazing *__*

Quote :
I just got really angry that time when people only liked them being "indie" and said everything afterwards is just shit and they're not worth being called "JRock" anymore. How stupid is that.
I know...even now everybody keeps saying how much they changed over the years, but I can't see a massive change, at least musicially.
They were never a hardcore metal whatever band, so it's just stupid to say how much they've calmed down over the years. Alpha was quite poppy, but I would still call it j-rock.They're still pretty much j-rock, some songs more and some less, they just like to experiment lately. But the feeling their music gives you is still the same, so it's alright ^_^
Even when I don't like a certan period of a band I don't think I would ever want them to stop, just because I have faith in them and know what they can do if they want.

Quote :
I'm glad Alice Nine has become a formation everyone could improve their skills with ^____^
True :D Everyone improved so much over the years that it never gets boring to listen to their music. They just keep getting better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 6 Oct - 20:39

snowflakes wrote:
True :D Everyone improved so much over the years that it never gets boring to listen to their music. They just keep getting better!

And it keeps getting better ! =3
(almost-private-joke to me I guess~~)

Whatever ~~

Snoooooooooooooooowflakes ... I'm really not sure but your icon and sign really remind me of Sophia Loren is it her ???

Back to top Go down
snowflakes
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 6 Oct - 23:34

Quote :
Snoooooooooooooooowflakes ... I'm really not sure but your icon and sign really remind me of Sophia Loren is it her ???
Nop, that's Ayumi Hamasaki, but I didn't make them^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 6 Oct - 23:44

: /

*perplexed*

Back to top Go down
lost_view
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 7 Oct - 0:14

Shinyan wrote:

I think I may start Alice Nine too soon since I really liked Shou's voice when they start the band.
For me, there was a time he was making too many tremolo with his voice. It always made me want to laugh XD
Now I think it's not that much anymor ... or maybe I just get used to the tremolo-styled voice : /

And well as said I think I also like the spirit of the band and they all look like nice cool guys in general. So anyway I sometimes feel like it's my duty to support them.

^^
Since one of the artists I've started to get to know JRock with was Gackt...I was used to that style of singing until then I guess ;P

Yup, agree with you on that one ^^

snowflakes wrote:

I know...even now everybody keeps saying how much they changed over the years, but I can't see a massive change, at least musicially.
They were never a hardcore metal whatever band, so it's just stupid to say how much they've calmed down over the years. Alpha was quite poppy, but I would still call it j-rock.They're still pretty much j-rock, some songs more and some less, they just like to experiment lately. But the feeling their music gives you is still the same, so it's alright ^_^
Even when I don't like a certan period of a band I don't think I would ever want them to stop, just because I have faith in them and know what they can do if they want.

Nicely said! :ahoy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   

Back to top Go down

how did you get to know them?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dear Numbers :: Alice Nine :: Wonderland-
Jump to: