Alice Nine International Forum for meeting and fanprojecting

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

how did you get to know them?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
himitsu
Admin

PostSubject: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 0:55

i think this topic can be very interesting if you share your experiences about the way between the first time you heard about them 'til the point when you realised "wow i am an alice nine fan!" :3
so~ let's hear echothers stories! and keep it real :3

uhm yeah~ i suppose i'll be the one who starts ehehe :Đ

so~
i heard about Alice Nine about... 3 years ago.
but first i hated them.
really.
now you're shocked DDDD:
yeah.
i hated their music because of Shou's voice... u.u'
for some reason i couldn't stand his vocal and i said "well the music is good but hey guys, i don't like the singer so let's forget about eachother" xD

then my best friend asked me to try it one more time, so the next time came this year, at the 15th of March. it was Sleepwalker (this is why my "full name" is Sleepwalker Himitsu)... the first song i fell in love with. and that night i felt that Shou was singing only for me and i knew what the song was about before i read the translation for the lyrics. this is how it all started :3

yup~ it wasn't even a year ago, but im a huge fan already. it's because i really listen to A9 a LOT and i've read tons and tons of interviews and lyrics. i want to know everything about them. they've become a really important part of my life since that night. they could save me from insanity for example :'3

the time i realised "hey i'm a fan of them.." was when my best friend and i were waiting for the end of their countdown... and i was dreaming of an EU tour (oh naive x'DD) and i felt something. you know. i cannot really explain it, but it was that feeling. :3

that's it i think ^^

i'm waiting for your stories! harr harr~ :D

PS.: uhm... if you'd like to talk about your fav members feel free to open a topic for it! i think we shoud seperate the talk about the whole band (mainly music) and specific talks about the members( personalities, etc...) so don't hesitate to open a new topic if you want to talk about them :3

View user profile http://himitsusama.deviantart.com
sapphiresnail
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 1:07

ooh your story was so cute!!! :3 i was also eagerly awaiting their countdown and was hoping for a world tour (even more naive xD)

but anyway~ the first time i heard Alice Nine was on some online jrock radio station. i was in dire need of music and i recently started getting into jrock so i just searched for a station that played random songs. the song i fell in love with was 'cosmic world' and it was so absolutely amazing that i listened to a billlion timesss.

SO THEN, i decided to search for more of their music, but (like you :P) i was not impressed by it and i thought that they only had about one song that i truly enjoyed. however~ a year later (or something...) i saw they released RAINBOWS. and i fell in love againnn~

i never really knew what they looked like so i googled pictures just to see who the members were and i was completely taken by Hiroto xDD;

so then i wanted to see them perform live, so i youtube'd RAINBOWS live and watched their 2009 PSC Carnival at Budoukan (oh Budoukan~) and i was completely hooked after that.

i finally realized i was hooked when i dedicated a folder to them in My Pictures for scans xD;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/sapphiresnail
lilien
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 1:48

The fist day I heard them... it was in February 2007. I don't really know the day exactly because I just did not care about them. xD I thought this is just boring and... bad. ^^" My sister showed me the song Gin no Tsuki, Kuroi Hoshii.

But after my sister always said me to google them, I did it in some days, and I was shocked about the outfit of them... (at that time I wasn't into jrock or something. the hardest 'thing' I saw before was Gackt. xD)

Okay, I didn't give up, I searched some other music, and I found songs like Yami ni Chiru Sakura, Velvet, Q. I started to listen them... and then I heard Saga's voice in a comment, so... :'D

They realised then Jewels, and in the Summer White Prayer. There was really no way back from becoming a big fan of alice nine... but I'm not regretting about it. :] After some weeks Gin no Tsuki, Kuroi Hoshi became one of my favourite songs. ^^"♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anid Harker
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 2:11

ooh, i love these topics
I don't remember when was it, but I know the first song I ever heard of them was RAINBOWS. More precisely, it was performed at that annual Music Japan show whose-name-I-never-remember. That was after I had heard them mention tons of times ('cause that's how i get curious about bands, you see, reading their name XD). And so I got hooked and listened to it like everyday. And then I started listening to more Alice Nine songs and asked myself "self, why did you avoid them for so long?" XD
And I realised I had become a fan when I spent a whole afternoon downloading random pictures of them, which led to my still messy Alice Nine picture folder. I need to clean that one of these days :sorry:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ayabie-neverland.foroespana.com/forum.htm
seasail
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 4:46

Let's see, started listening to Alice Nine in February 2009. I took a "What Jrock Drummer Are You Most Like?" quiz on quizilla. I got Nao and when I first saw his picture, I thought he was cute. I got curious and searched Alice Nine on youtube. The first song I listened to was Yami Ni Chiru Sakura. Back then I only liked heavier songs, so naturally I fell in love with this one. I loved the heavy guitars, the fast beat, and how erotic Shou was in the music video. XD

I realized that I was a huge fan when I noticed that the top 25 most played songs on my iPod were all Alice Nine songs. XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
Hoshi no Jizamurai
Hoshi no Jizamurai

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 5:11

It was late 2004 and I was at a friends house. We were laying on her bed discussing Jrock when she said she had a new band for me to listen to. I raised my eyebrow at her and waited for her to get the CD. She came back with the Gion Shuushano Kanega Naru single and put it in and played it.
I'm quite the sucker for a vocalist with a unique voice. And Shou sure had that. I sat up after the first song finished (Gradation) and asked her what the bands name was and she replied Alice Nine.
I kept track of them after that weekend and followed their new releases. Around the time of early 2006 I went and bought all their previously released singles. And I've never missed a release date yet since that day, I always pre order their singles.
I think when I realized I had a good few thousand pictures, some posters, some photo sets, and all their singles that I was fan xDD

Not a very unique story I guess LOLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lonelyjellyfish
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 6:46

I honestly have no idea what I was doing or how I stumbled across Jrock in the first place but it was around October of 2008 that I discovered them. I think I heard the preview for RAINBOWS on their myspace and found it amazing. Then I watched the full PV on youtube and FELL IN LOVE.

The older songs were a lot harder to get into and their harder songs kind of surprised me the first time around. LOL. Shou's voice is definitely an acquired taste, but I love it. He sounds like no one else, that's for sure. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shoustar
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 10:19

I remember it was October 2006 when I was introduced to them. And I wasn't really "introduced" to them. My friend and I were looking for Jrock bands other than The Gazette. We didn't really know any by names. She wrote in her MSN box "Whoa I didn't expect that voice from that face". And I was curious so I asked her to link me. It was VELVET. I immediately fell in love with the song and looked up other songs by them and that was it! I became obsessed lol. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Wed 22 Sep - 13:53

@ Lilien yeah for Gin no Tsuki !!!

@ Shoustar the MSn quote made me laugh. But I do agree. But I think it wasn't that strange when I start listening to them . A bit already. But Shou's voice really changed since the beginning. Well ... and to be honest I sometimes think I prefere how it was some years earlier.

How I was introduced to them ?
Because of 2 friends on a small forum we had.
The first song that caught me was Gin no tsuki. Though if I remember correctly the first I heard was Sakura. I liked the energy and the look the band had created but I didn't really fall in love for that song. I didn't like the parts where they roaring. I was thinking it was too much of a : "aaargh we're metal band and we're men woaaaar"~~
But I didn't gave up. Gin no tsuki music really got me into their music and Yuri wa into their visual world (I also wanted almost all the clothes they had on that PV from Tora's coat to Hiroto's shoes and SHou's shirt XD )

When did I realise I was a fan ? I think back then I hadno choice but became a fan if I wanted to know more about then. That's stupid but just when we started to really get into the band with that friend of mine it was really really hard to find things about us. I remember spending evenings looking for 1 new video or 1 new pic about them.
Googling with all the key world possible their name, the band name, in romanji in katakana-kanji. And when I think about how it is now.
At that time when we googled it we only had some pic in the first page of google and not the whole page.
It's really different now.
As for the video there was only maybe 5 available on the net.

Well so if you spend so many times to look for information about a band you have to become a fan or you won't have anything done.
It takes too much time if you don't have a good motive. XD

End of the story~~

今日は七月七日あなたのもとへ // 星が虹を架けてあなたのもとへ連れてって
This isn't a fricking girl's slumber party ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dearnumbers.forumotion.com
sapphiresnail
Hoshi no Musha
Hoshi no Musha

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 23 Sep - 8:26

Shinyan wrote:
Googling with all the key world possible their name, the band name, in romanji in katakana-kanji. And when I think about how it is now.
At that time when we googled it we only had some pic in the first page of google and not the whole page.
It's really different now.
As for the video there was only maybe 5 available on the net.

ahh i remember doing that in late 2007~early 2008! i couldn't find anything on them which is probably why it took so long for me to fully discover them. xD i remember watching the lowest video quality ever on youtube of 'cosmic world' over and over LOL. oh how the times have changed~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/sapphiresnail
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 23 Sep - 14:24

In 2004 -2005 it was even harder.
But it's always a bit complicated when you start to listen J-music because you don't know the places and adresses.

Though it seems so easy now.

Back to top Go down
ketsueki
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 23 Sep - 18:47

well, I first heard about them in May 2005. i was like: yeah, they're cute. nice music style. in October same year a friend who was listening to their music and liked them a lot asked me to listen to Yami ni Chiru Sakura. I instantly fell in love with it <3 I searched for other songs, PVs, interviews etc. So, it was then when I became an alice nine fan ^^"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jmusicforum.tk
Invité

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 23 Sep - 20:28

Hm.. I don't really remember how I ended up listening to them for the first time, but I know that I listened to "Yami ni chiru sakura" the other day and I loved it immediately. <3
However, at this time I didn't care about Alice Nine. any further, until I discovered them on the cover of the Cure magazine (issue 22, May 2005). They caught my eye and I bought the magazine and well.. it all started from there. : ]
Back to top Go down
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 23 Sep - 20:53

Ok as the ultimate sempai old one there I have to say I AM amzed. Some of you were listening to alice nine when they were like 12 or 13 years old !!! °O°
I think there was no computer at home when I was 12 ;___;
I'm a bit jaleous I wish I could have discover a lot of things earlier. éoè
But with no internet you're mostly stuck with the things around you.

Well you're lucky young girls -o-

XD

Back to top Go down
Anid Harker
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Thu 23 Sep - 22:19

Shinyan wrote:
I think there was no computer at home when I was 12 ;___;

Same here
There's STILL no internet at home =.=
Bless the dorm LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ayabie-neverland.foroespana.com/forum.htm
snowflakes
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Fri 24 Sep - 22:02

How did I get to know them...I think it was about a year ago that I started getting interested in them. I knew them before but somehow I never cared for them...I practically hated them lol.

Sometime ago I heard Stray cat and I almost melted at the cuteness of this song ^^
But I thought the singer's voice was horrible....at that time I didn't know it was an Alice Nine song.
Well....It took another long long time(okay, not that long, but it felt like it.Probably half a year) until I fell for them. I read some random fanfiction with Gazette and Alice Nine, and found it adorable that they called their guitarist Pon xD But I still hated them...for unkown reasons.

One day Watched some random videos on youtube and suddenly there was a short preview of Rainbows~
I was like Wooooaahhhh they actually make good music!!
So I searched for the full song and fell immidiately in love with it. That was in Summer 2009 I think. After a while I discovered Velvet and taadda~ suddenly I was convinced they were a good band!! I just wasn't quite fond of their looks. I thought they were all ugly and I couldn't tell the diefference between Tora and Saga xD But now I think they are all beautiful and amazing men. My pics folder speaks for itself, I think xD

But I wasn't a real fan until I watched the live performance of Time Machine.
I honestly almost cried. I was surprised that they sound soo good live and the lyrics, the mood and the emotion they put into it really got me. From that day on I couldn't stop listening to them.
After a week of listening to Alice Nine straight a friend said to me : What's going on?? Why are you soo incredibly happy?
Well, that's what I call the Alice Nine effect^^ Once you fell for them, the smile on your face wouldn't go away.
Actually I'm quite surprised that I continued listening to them. Usually it's very hard for me to get into other bands. I hear a few songs, think they are amazing, but that was it. I occassionally listen to them again, but I rarely search for anything new.

This turned out to be longer than I thought. But well, that's how I got into them xD Ahhh and someday I found out that Stray cat is by Alice Nine. If I only knew it before....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
himitsu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Fri 24 Sep - 22:37

snowflakes wrote:
How did I get to know them...I think it was about a year ago that I started getting interested in them. I knew them before but somehow I never cared for them...I practically hated them lol.
haha a bit similar to my story :DD
well... you can't run away from Alice Nine. they'll get your love :Đ

View user profile http://himitsusama.deviantart.com
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Fri 24 Sep - 22:42

@snowflakes seems like you'r enot the only one being a bit startled by Shou's voice.
(But whatever his voice might sounds at first he really can write beautiful lyrics)
And I think I got the Alice Nine effect you're speaking about working on me a few times too. :3
(and btw welcome on the forum ^_-)

Back to top Go down
snowflakes
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Fri 24 Sep - 23:44

@Shinyan Yep, but after I fell in love with his voice I really became a sucker for unique voices^^
Yes, his lyrics never stop to amaze me. They've inspired me quite often.
Thank you~I've been searching a long time for an Alice Nine Forum!

@himitsu Haha, yes, once you heard their songs and see them acting like dorks you'll never be able to forget about them ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liveD690
Hoshi no Ashigaru
Hoshi no Ashigaru

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Tue 28 Sep - 4:54

I'm really a recent vk-fan lol (not even 1 year)~ so the first song i listened to was Sleepwalker...I don't know why but Shou really looked sooo cool to me in that PV that i watched it over and over again....and then after watching it like so many times i was like...wow all the members are really kind of cool O_O....(i hope i don't get bashed but i was wondering to myself if Saga was really a girl when I first watched Sleepwalker lol) well in fact it was really Saga's uniqueness and sexiness that got me hooked to Alice Nine cos i just keep looking for his/their related stuff and the more I find out about them the more I got hooked ~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kagetora
Hoshi no Daimyō
Hoshi no Daimyō

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Tue 28 Sep - 9:53

In short, my story is: ALICE NINE was what i inherited from my cousin.
/omggetsstabandkilledbyzillionsoffans

I came to know Alice Nine three years ago. When i was a JE fan (JE: Johnny's Entertainment). I've been a fan of the Japanese entertainment industry for very long already~ *counts* about 7 years?! O___O Ohmy.
Uh well, my cousin who was very into Jrock at that time introduced me to Alice Nine, and let me listen to JEWELS. He sent that song to me and told me his favourite member is Saga. That's the end of the story. /diesatragicdeath XD
Sometimes i help him buy some Alice Nine stuffs and i do listen to JEWELS occasionally but that was it. I never got into Jrock and A9 fandom.

Until two years later... I forgotten what caught my attention, (you know how random youtube "related videos" is) i went to click on RAINBOWS PV. Ahaah! Then i was like, "アリス九號... sounds familiar." XD And then in the PV, Shou had that uber cool white "glasses" which i had too, so i thought they were kinda cool. XD and their music really caught my attention by then. Taadaah~ i'm in fandom.

What a lame story. XD
So now, my cousin is no longer in fandom.. He left before i even entered. lol OTL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xelectric3567.livejournal.com
lost_view
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Sun 3 Oct - 14:49

Your stories are very interesting, everyone! ^^ I enjoyed reading them. Ah, it feels so good to be around other Alice Nine fans and talk about how they gained a place in our hearts :D

So, as for me, I got into Jrock in the first place because I wanted to do a unique birthday gift for a friend of mine in spring 2006. She once had told me that she would really like to know how two Japanese singers she had read about in some magazine sound like. That were Hyde and Gackt, LOL. So I started to do some research on those two and inevitably got to know other JRocker/bands as well, which was first Miyavi, the GazettE and naturally L'arc~en~Ciel.
It's funny but I remember it so clearly...when I saw a small banner on a blog of some JRock fan who described their favorite bands - and she had written beneath it: "That's alice nine. They're one of my absolute favorites, I love them!!"
Until then, I had taken quite a liking to Hyde/Laruku (which I still very much have^^), but noone had taken that place in my heart yet that there was for something I never knew what it would be.

And so I decided to have a look/listen to that band the fan praised in their blog and I went to Youtube and typed in "alice nine PV" and I got those little thumbnails among which I searched for one I found most intriguing (I know, I'm terrible XD JUST KLICK THE DAMN FIRST THING, lol.) and the one I picked was Velvet...
I remember how I was completely taken away by it...it was the coolest thing I had seen until then from Jrock. (I sent the link to a friend of mine and was all like "OMG, you MUST watch this, it's soooo cool!!!! Wahh~ - And she was just like: .....well, it's...glitter and all.XDDDD)
And then I klicked on to Yuri wa aoku saite and then to Fantasy and went on reasearching about them while almost forgetting about every other band and one day I realized that...
...just like that, Alice Nine had taken that special place in my heart. :sorry:

~

Since then I've kept track with their releases, bought the live DVDs and the albums and craved for new stuff the whole time. I remember when people started to rant about how Alice Nine were changing toward worse than they were before - it was when Tsubasa came out... And I started argueing with those who said they should quit music because they got too "major" (Yes, there were people like that, believe me XD). As for me, I felt like they were changing, but in a good way. Well, all that was quite a time ago. When RAINBOWS came out everyone was like O///////////////o, including me, haha. XD

And so on and so on^^

In the very beginning, which means the Velvet era, I was mostly a Shou fan, because of his voice and because of the very first impression he gave me in the Vevelt PV. I didn't like Tora's style during that time, but it was okay. Of Hiroto I immediately thought "oh, THAT one has too much energy O.o" and of Saga that he looked like the type most people would favor from the band, because he's quite cool. Nao was just like Tora I guess, haha.
This was followed by a period where I was torn between Hiroto and Shou as favorites...
But with the time passing and me learning more about each one of them, I got to love and cherish every member in an own way. I could go on and talk for hours with a Nao, Saga, Tora, Shou and Hiroto fan likewise. XD
Though the most I feel drawn to is Hiroto and the one I wanna be the most like is Shou.

There are several bands I'm okay with every member in and like one espacially, but none has this feeling of "Yeah, I love every single person in this band for his good and bad sides, without wanting to change anything about them." like Alice Nine :sorry:

This was my story :D
(I know, I was talking too much, as always, sorry for that^^")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Sun 3 Oct - 15:12

Your story was great as well.
What I like is that for a lot of us we could also have easily just never get into j-rock.

As for the changement I have to say I have been a bit disapointed when Fantasy came out. It was the first big changement in their songs I think. And I was friendly-mad about them and so I din't buy the single. (one of the rare I din't get XD) just to 'punish' them ! XD

And from time to times I was liking or feeling like they could do better.
And yep sometimes I was like : I prefered their debut songs.
But I certainly never wanted them to stop.
This is maybe not very serious-music liking but I also like the people they are (or at least they seem to be) So even when they do a song I'm not liliking completely I still try to listen a bit and then wait for the next one.
Be cause they always do a lot of different things.
(ok me speaking too much now XD )

lost_view wrote:
Until then, I had taken quite a liking to Hyde/Laruku (which I still very much have^^), but noone had taken that place in my heart yet that there was for something I never knew what it would be.

Will you by any chance go to see them in Paris in 2 weeks (I mean Vamps) ?

Back to top Go down
lost_view
Hoshi no Bushi
Hoshi no  Bushi

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Sun 3 Oct - 16:21

Shinyan wrote:

What I like is that for a lot of us we could also have easily just never get into j-rock.

This is maybe not very serious-music liking but I also like the people they are (or at least they seem to be) So even when they do a song I'm not liliking completely I still try to listen a bit and then wait for the next one.
Be cause they always do a lot of different things.
(ok me speaking too much now XD )

lost_view wrote:

Will you by any chance go to see them in Paris in 2 weeks (I mean Vamps) ?

Yup, that's kind of funny, isn't it? ^^ Life has it's own way, though. If someone had told me that I'd be listening to Japanese music five years ago, I certainly would've looked at them like O____ô wtf do you want from me? XD hehe

I agree, I also like them for their spirit and character they show through shows/lives/blogs/twitter. I even think I wouldn't have grown as attached to them if they would just quietly do their music and be all introverted.
And it's totally okay to criticize music if one doesn't like their newer style or their older style, so I understand you! ^^
I just got really angry that time when people only liked them being "indie" and said everything afterwards is just shit and they're not worth being called "JRock" anymore. How stupid is that. *sigh* It's our own choice if we like or dislike something, but going on offending bands for going their way (since they have also the choice what they do and what not) is just...I don't know. Not something I can agree with ^^

~

And OMG YES. I totally AM going to see them XD
Do you? Don't tell me Ô.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   Sun 3 Oct - 17:10

*nod*

I am, I will !
Pkay I just make a topic so if someone else will be there we'll might be able to know !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how did you get to know them?   

Back to top Go down

how did you get to know them?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dear Numbers :: Alice Nine :: Wonderland-
Jump to: